A trusted partner for more than 35 years.
Policy Studies Associates, Inc. (PSA)—a woman-owned small business—conducts research, policy analysis, program evaluation, and program planning. Our practice areas include education, supports for learning, strengthening communities, and systems-building.
A trusted partner for more than 35 years, PSA has worked with federal, state, and local government agencies; private foundations; and national, regional, and local nonprofit organizations.
PSA aims to help clients make sound decisions.
PSA staff are accomplished researchers and evaluators, skilled in state-of-the-art quantitative and qualitative methods. Our research teams:
Generate creative research and evaluation design solutions that reflect the policy context
Remain flexible, adaptable, and committed research partners
Set high standards for data quality and analysis
Deliver policy-relevant products with practical applications
Generate findings that contribute to improved practice
We collaborate with clients to address their purposes, whether those involve the development or scale of a program, a measurement framework that supports continuous practice improvement, evidence-informed policy choices, or the valid assessment of impact.
We customize our inquiry to the client’s purposes and ensure that our findings are actionable and useful.
We take pride in work that is both relevant and rigorous.
➤ latest News & UPDATES
- Mar 12, 2019 EdWeek features lessons learned from PSA’s report on Center for Global Education’s 21st century competencies working group
- Feb 19, 2019 Wallace Foundation highlights findings from the Principal Pipeline Initiative study
- Feb 14, 2019 New PSA report finds that principal pipelines in six districts have staying power
- Feb 8, 2019 Reading Partners Alumni Study has launched!
- Jul 19, 2018 EdWeek features summary of improvement strategies supported by Asia Society
- Jun 26, 2018 PSA recognized among NAA’s Most Influential in Research and Evaluation
- Mar 16, 2018 Bridging research and practice at NAA Annual Convention
- Feb 15, 2018 PSA presents at AASA National Conference on Education
- Dec 18, 2017 We have moved!
- Aug 28, 2019 U.S. Department of Education releases PSA-SRI-ARS report on the federally funded Migrant Education Program (ESEA, Title I, Part C)
- May 9, 2019 New Report on Parent Engagement in Schools
- May 3, 2019 State Responsibilities and Opportunities for School Improvement under the Every Student Succeeds Act
- Mar 12, 2019 Innovating, Iterating and Improving Strategies for 21st Century Competencies
- Mar 8, 2019 Raising Readers Initiative helps adult caregivers cultivate a love of reading
- Dec 13, 2018 U.S. Department of Education releases PSA-Westat report on leading low-performing schools
- Dec 6, 2018 Voices of D.C. Parents and Youth on Out-of-School Time
- Apr 19, 2018 Evaluation of Children's Aid i3-funded Parent Leadership Institute discussed at INET
- Mar 22, 2018 Supporting youth and engaging mentors in the Cornerstone Mentoring Program
- Mar 16, 2018 Research brief on digital learning in afterschool
- Oct 11, 2017 The Wallace Foundation Highlights PSA report
- Mar 31, 2017 AfterSchool Program Quality and Effectiveness: 25 Years of Results
- Jan 1, 2017 The Principal Pipeline Initiative in Action